For the third year, Overgaden invites young artists to apply for the development program INTRO, a one-year program focused on supporting newly graduated visual artists with a connection to Denmark toward sustainable artistic development and international exchange.
Supported by Aage and Johanne Louis-Hansen Foundation, INTRO is a long-term development program tailored to the individual artist/group and includes financial support for travel and production as well as artistic, curatorial, administrative, and technical advice from leading Danish and international voices in the arts. The one-year program culminates in an extensive solo exhibition at Overgaden.
Overgaden is currently looking for two artists to engage in next year’s program, running from January 2022 to January 2023, with solo exhibitions opening in November 2022. The application deadline is 1 November 2021. Please be aware that applications are only open to Danish artists or artists with a primary connection to the Danish art scene and who have graduated (MA or equivalent) from a Danish or international art academy within the last five years.
A one-year modular program of meetings with Danish and international curators, artists, consultants, etc. specifically selected for the individual artist in close collaboration with Overgaden’s team.
The program includes:
• Exhibition fee: 30,000 DK
• Travel stipend: 30,000 DKK
• Support for exhibition production: 80,000 DKK
• Fundraising assistance
• Exhibition at Overgaden in the period November 2022 – January 2023 (expected)
• A publication
Applications must include:
• Description of your practice (maximum one page)
• Your motivation for participating in the program (maximum one page)
• CV and documentation of previous work
• The application should be emailed as a single PDF file to email@example.com by 1 November 2021 11.59pm (CET). Applicants can expect to receive a response by 1 December. Individual feedback on unsuccessful applications will not be given.
Applications that do not fall within the criteria or that are received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please direct any questions about INTRO to:
Aukje Lepoutre Ravn, Interim Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Line Brædder, INTRO coordinator: email@example.com