OVERGADEN INTRO – a new unique career boost for young Danish visual artists
Overgaden is proud to be able to offer the upcoming art scene a unique boost in the coming years by being the first art institution in Denmark to give young artists the opportunity to enter into a long-term development programme. For many years Overgaden has been working closely with newly educated artists, and on this background it has become evident that many young artists could benefit from a strengthening of a viable artistic career with international potential.This is why Overgaden in collaboration with Aage and Johanne-Louis Hansen’s Foundation is announcing Overgaden INTRO, which from 2019-2022 will give a number of young artists the opportunity to go through a talent programme focusing on strengthening the development of their careers – including internationally.The programme includes financial support and artistic, administrative, and technical support from leading capacities in the field including a large solo show at Overgaden. With the programmes the wish is to lead the development of a ”best practice” in a field which has not yet been developed by a Danish art institution. The hope is to create a solid and notable imprint for a new generation of Danish artists who face a reality which demands a multitude of skills that can be hard to acquire individually.For the period of 2019-2020 Overgaden institutes two programmes which extend from December 1st 2019
– January 17th 2021
with an exhibition opening at November 13th 2020
. In the coming years future programmes will follow for 2020/2021 and 2021/22.
- A programme of sparring sessions with curators, art advisors, etc. specifically put together for the artist in question in collaboration with Overgaden
- Exhibition opportunity at Overgaden from November 13th 2020 to January 17th 2021 + a publication
- Support for the production of the exhibition of 75.000 DKK
- Fee of 30.000 DKK
- Travel stipend of 15.000 DKK
Who qualifies for application?
- Artists with a primary connection to the Danish art scene
- Finished education (MA or equivalent) from a Danish or international art academy within the last five years
- Artists who are interested in receiving tailored sparring in relation to all aspects of their professional practice
- The ability to collaborate, work hard and be willing to look at one’s own practice with critical eyes
The application must contain:
- Motivation for applying – a maximum of one page
- CV and documentation of previous work
- Exhibition idea for an exhibition at Overgaden incl. budget
The application must be sent as one PDF-file to email@example.com by November 1st 2019. Applicants can expect a reply by ultimo November – rejections will not be individually motivated. Physical material such as books or images can not be sent or delivered to Overgaden as part of the application.
Applications who do not fall within the selection criteria or are received later than November 1st will not be considered. Candidates will be picked by a jury put together for this purpose.
Questions about Overgaden INTRO can be directed to Merete Jankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anne Riber at email@example.com